Custom Calendars mean 365 days of brand exposure! Calendar printing is an easy and cost-effective way to make sure your business or brand is seen by dozens, hundreds or thousands of people every day. Our full-color Calendars range from 24 to 32 pages. We custom create calendars to match your business or organization's brand.
Let's get started by allowing us to provide a quote for your custom calendar.
Your business's logo represents your brand and should be unique to you. Like a fingerprint, it is used to identify and separate your business from all others and of course, help make you stand out in your industry.
I have noticed an increase in businesses advertising that they offer custom logos. Some are ridiculously cheap too! Before you get swept away with a good sales pitch make sure you ask these questions to ensure that you are truly getting a unique logo.
- What programs do you use to draw the logo and will my logo be in vector format?If your designer plans to use Word or Powerpoint run! All kidding aside, logos that are created without the correct knowledge and tools are going to be unusable on many platforms. You will want to make sure it is created right the first time so make sure you are getting a vector logo. Vector logos are able to be scaled to any size without losing its crisp quality.
- Can I have the source file for my logo?You should receive at least a .ai or .eps as well as .png and .jpg. Ask for one with a transparent background so you can easily use the logo on top of colored backgrounds, pictures and patterns.
- Can you tell me a little bit about your process and what is included in the price?How many concepts will you see? Will you get a chance to make revisions? How many? Does the price include everything discussed? Also, make sure the designer takes the time to learn about your business and asks you questions so they can provide a logo that fits what you are looking for.
- Who owns the final design?You should, but make sure they are on that same page.
- Can I see some samples of logos you have created?Make sure your designer has experience creating logos for other businesses, or if they are new to design at least some good concept work that shows you their style and artistic capabilities. Don't be afraid to ask questions about their previous work to help ensure that it is indeed their work.
We are thrilled to announce that we have moved our studio to a new location that better suits our needs. You will now find us at 620 Main Street in Dresden, Ohio (just two blocks up the street from our old address.
Be sure to check out this month's deals on a variety of products and services available at Dotson Design Studio. Click here to view the August flyer.
This week Google is kicking off a new algorithm (the way their search engine ranks websites). This algorithm will negatively affect those websites that are not mobile-friendly. Fortunately, we have our website clients covered with mobile-friendly websites so no worries there. But what if someone else developed your website, how do you know if you will be affected by this change? Google has a tool available at https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/that will show you if your website is compliant with their new changes. If it is not, Google lists the things you need to change to fit their “mobile-friendly” requirements.
Why does my website have to be mobile-friendly? Well, if it is not your rankings will suffer. Effective Tuesday, April 21, 2015 websites that do not meet Google’s mobile-friendly policy will begin to see a drop in website visitors. Of course this does not mean that if your site is not compliant that it will forever be doomed to suffer. Your site will bounce back but only after it has had the necessary changes made.
Why the sudden change? According to Google’s research, 60% of traffic now comes from mobile devices. So, this is Google’s plan to make sure that mobile web surfers are getting a better experience and better content.What do I do?
If your website passes Google’s mobile-friendly test, relax, you don’t have to change a thing. If it does not, then you will need to contact your website developer asap. If the person or company who created your website is unable to help Dotson Design Studio would be glad to aid you in getting your website up to speed.